Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:42:36 -0500
From:      Daniel McRobb <dwm@caida.org>
To:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
Cc:        Johan Larsson <gozer@ludd.luth.se>, Adrian Wontroba <aw1@stade.co.uk>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No sound with fxtv - MSP34xx issue

> Hi all,
>
> Good news for those of you with MSP34xx stereo decoder chips.
>
> I've finally got around to adding proper support to the bt848
> driver. :-)
>
> When I inherited the maintanance of the bt848 driver,
> the ony big thing missing was support for the stereo decoder
> (MSP3400,3410, 3415, family). (and the USA TDA9850 too!).
> Linux has drivers for both these, and I was keen to add support for
> us lot. Especially as the data sheets in PDF format are available.
>
> I've finally got round to spending my student grant and bought
> myself a Hauppauge WinTV +NICAM +RADIO with the new
> Remote Control too.
>
> I have Nicam decoding (drop back to mono) on my 2.2.6 machine
> at home and will update the drivers on my site (and in -current
> over the next week.
>
> Watch this space. (Soon you can listen to it too!)
>
> Check http://telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk/bt848

File not found.

> Roger
>
> p.s. Disclaimer - I've got a Hauppauge with a 3415D chip.
> Everything I am programming should work on a 3410D too,
> but earlier chips (does anyone actually have a 3400C) will not
> work).

The current driver already works with the 3400C; I have one of these in
an 878-based card, specifically an older Wincast/TV-Radio (dbx and
FM); or at least that's what the detection code says:

  bktr0 <BrookTree 848> rev 18 int a irq 11 on pci0:16:0
  Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Temic PAL tuner, msp3400c stereo.

>From what I've heard from others, the real problem chip is the 3430.

Daniel
~~~~~~