Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:32:06 +0100
From:      Jernej Kovacic <jkovacic@email.si>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Translation of FreeBSD Handbook into Slovene

Dear Sir or Madam!

I would like to translate the FreeBSD Handbook (for the latest version, i.e=
.
5.1) into Slovene language which will most likely take several months as th=
is
would be my spare time project. I am a total beginner at FreeBSD (but an
experienced Linux user) and I would like to learn more about it through
translating the Handbook. Before I start I have several questions:

>From the Linux Documentation Project I got used to that the "source" docume=
nt
was written as SGML (either LinuxDoc or DocBook) which was then converted i=
nto
many other formats (e.g. HTML, PDF etc.). What is the situation at FreeBSD?
Where can I download the English source from?

Will you be ready to publish my translation along with translations into ot=
her
languages?

Slovene language contains three (actually three capital and thre small) let=
ters
that do not exist in English. The whole alphabet is covered by ISO 8859-2 a=
nd of
course by UTF-8 and other implementations of Unicode. Which is the preferre=
d one
to submit the translation? Do you believe it could cause any problems when
converting the source into other formats?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,

Jernej Kovacic

http://www.email.si/