Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 15:09:16 -0500
From:      Paul MacKenzie <paul@elehost.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DPT Raid Scsi Cards w/ FreBSD 2.2.8

Hello,

I am looking at getting a DPT card to set up a hardware Raid system for a
FreeBSD 2.2.8 box I am building and wanted to get a little help and a few
pointers from people what are using DPT controllers

1) will the new generation of cards from DPT called SmartRaid V work with
the driver written

2) is it hard to install into FreeBSD - I am looking at getting the Century
Ultra Scsi 2 PM2654U2-R-16m

- any help with concerns and possible problems would be appreciated
(assuming this card actually works with FREEBSD)

3) Does their storage manager software run of FreeBSD? (has anyone tried
running it and if so what is involved in getting it working)

Thanks for all the help in advance...

"Compassion is the only true answer to suffering"