Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 2004 08:25:17 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rewrite cvsup & portupgrade in C

--Boundary-02=_+m/6AELql+RHF8l

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 03:23 am, Brad Knowles wrote:

> I'm confused.  Once these applications are in binary form, what
> difference does it make what language they were written in?

You have to get it into binary first.  EZM3 is not available on many=20
non-FreeBSD, non-Intel platforms.  Although it's used *primarily* by the=20
=46reeBSD project, it seems like there would be enough of a demand for such=
 a=20
thing that other a portable version would be readily adopted by other=20
projects.

I see that there is no cvsup binary package for ia64.  Does M3 build on tha=
t=20
platform?  Do you suppose that "csup" will when it's finished?
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser

--Boundary-02=_+m/6AELql+RHF8l

--Boundary-02=_+m/6AELql+RHF8l--