Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 23:04:44 +0100
From:      Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@stud.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tcpd not installed on 4.5-PRERELEASE

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Stefan Molnar wrote:

> That is not a bug.  It is there to notify people that it is in the base.
> Edit the Makefile and remove the FORBIDDEN line, then you are good to go.
>
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
> > bash-2.05a# pwd ; make install clean
> > /usr/ports/security/tcp_wrapper
> > ===>  tcp_wrappers-7.6_1 is forbidden: tcp_wrappers is in the base system.
> > ===>  Cleaning for tcp_wrappers-7.6_1
> >
> > (I presume the port is not redundant, older systems may rely on that.)
> >
> > I'm filing a PR now.

Please put the quote first, then your text, to maintain a
(chrono)logical order.

I'm well aware that the FORBIDDEN line is a feature, not a bug, and I
filed the PR against the base system which doesn't install tcpd. See PR
#33257.

--
Matthias Andree

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."         Benjamin Franklin