Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:27:03 -0700
From:      Jason DiCioccio <Jason.DiCioccio@Epylon.com>
To:        Jason DiCioccio <Jason.DiCioccio@Epylon.com>, 'Marcel Dijk' <nascar24@home.nl>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: IPFW almost works now.

Correction: I might have gotten those backwards if YOU are the one
running the FTP server.

Welcome to the shitty protocol that is: FTP.  To use active ftp, you
need to allow connections to all inbound ports above 1024.  To allow
passive FTP, you need to allow outbound connections to all ports
above 1024.  FTP is obsolete, too bad everyone still uses it though.

Cheers,
- -JD-