Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 1996 10:28:21 -0300
From:      Flavio Genelhu Oliveira <boo@gold.horizontes.com.br>
To:        questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   panic

I received the message panic "cannot mount root"

I have 2 WD HD - 1: with 630Mb and other with 515.
I have DOS and OS/2 dual boot in the first HD, and
wanted to put FreeBSD in the second (WD2) HD. The
first HD is the master of the first IDE connector
and the second is the master of the second IDE
connector. I had to put them like this to freeBSD
recognize my CDROM ATAPI. After the well done
instalation of the system, i received the message
above. Anything i am missing?
BB     OO    OO    )   With my OWN HOME PAGE!!! * BANZAI!!!!!!!!! *
B B   O  O  O  O  : )  (it is still under construction but it is already
B  B  O  O  O  O  : )   avaiable to you my english speaker friends)
BBB    OO    OO    )   http://web.horizontes.com.br/~fgenelhu