Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:09:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        elrion@namarie.net (Jorge Pons)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

> Good Evenig, I have a question, I have 2 OS on my portatil, Linux and
> Windows, how must I install FreeBSD 5.2.1 on my portatil? that's all.
> Thanks for all. Bye

If you have room enough on your disk, it would be essentially like
adding Linux to the Win system.

Get the install media.
Either buy a CD set from one of the vendors who package them.
or download the ISO-s for free from the FreeBSD site and burn
your own installation CDs.

Then boot the install CD, us it to make a FreeBSD slice on the
disk and partition the slice and run the install.

If you do not already have extra room on the disk, you will either
have to use something like Partition Magic to shrink the existing
Win and Linux slices to make room or add another disk.

Before you do any of this, read the handbook - freely available
from the FreeBSD web site and possibly some of the articles on
FreeBSD installs in various online publications such as Onlamp.
You might also wish to get one or more of several good books on
FreeBSD such as FreeBSD Unleashed, The Complete FreeBSD, Absolute BSD
or Annelise Anderson's FreeBSD and read and follow it through.
Each of these sources, especially the handbood has informaiton on
installing FreeBSD on multi-OS systems.

////jerry