Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:33:33 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Aaron Dudek <adudek@gwu.edu>, freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do you know if have 64bTT

At 10:31 PM -0500 3/12/04, Aaron Dudek wrote:
>How do you know if you have 64bTT installed? I inherited an
>Ultra 10 machine which is running 5.2.1

It is very likely that you do NOT have 64-bTT installed.  All
the changes that help with the transition to 64-bTT have only
been installed in 5.2-current.  It is true that all the same
scripts and instructions would work if someone *wanted* to use
them to upgrade 5.2.1 to 64-bTT, but that would be a very risky
thing to do (for a variety of reasons).

But to answer your question, enter the command:

    grep _time_t /usr/include/machine/_types.h

It will show you a typedef of __int32_t or __int64_t