Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 13:36:49 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>
To:        "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@over.ru>, fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Advanced file systems for BSD

> how about a lfs kinda thing like a port of reiserfs?
> got it running on one linux box here and it rocks (journaling,
> resizing,...)

Excuse me, but what does LFS have to do with Reiser FS ?
LFS is the Berkeley Log Structured File System, which utilizes an
append-only log to write optimally, whereas Reiser FS is a file system
researched and developed by Hans Reiser to store small files in a byte
aligned, rather than block aligned, balanced tree.

Also, Reiser FS is (according to my local RedHat evangelist) not truly
stable enough for production use.

Marius