Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:53:29 -0700
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>, docs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Time for a fresh start, it's time folks

On 12 June 2012 15:43, Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 2012.06.13. 0:15, Diane Bruce wrote:
>>
>> So while we are at it, why not ask for volunteers to redesign our
>> website? There have been a few volunteers in the past. Perhaps we
>> could hold a contest and put it up for a vote? Or we could just sole
>> source from iX systems, it does not matter! =C2=A0It's time.
>
> Sounds good but would be better to wait until the ongoing doc/www
> infrastructure work is finished. There reasons are that people are probab=
ly
> more comfortable working with XML than working with SGML and we could spa=
re
> lots of difficulties with merging back two concurrent massive changes to
> head.

The important thing here is to avoid bikeshed discussions. While we
would obviously not just accept whatever they provide, we need some
kind of process to accept, reject, or revise, without devolving into
"move this link over there."
That said, asking iXsystems for a mockup is an excellent first start
and is completely independent of the SGML / XML work.

--=20
Eitan Adler