Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:19:36 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Doug Poland" <doug@polands.org>
To:        <ak03@gte.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>, <sheldonh@starjuice.net>, <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Subject:   Re: Eclipse 2.1RC1 port

Alexander Kabaev said:
> The port is available for download here:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~kan/eclipse.tar.gz
>
> I tested it only lightly, but it does look OK so far.
>
> What is missing:
> - WITH_GTK/WITH_MOTIF knobs should be implemented.
> - Default font settings migth be wrong and their interaction with
> GTK2
>   Xft is something that need to be cleared up.
> - <insert your favorite bug here>

Alexander,

Thanks for the port!  I've been using it since Saturday with no
problems.

I have noticed that the default fonts on my system are quite large.
You mentioned there might be an issue in your post.  I get many
messages similar to this:

** (<unknown>:38408): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "adobe-courier
12" falling back to "Sans 12"

** (<unknown>:38408): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "misc-fixed
Bold 14" falling back to "Sans Bold 14"

Is this the font interaction issue that you're talking about?  Since
I'm not familiar with how fonts are mapped here, could someone
explain or point me to some doc on how I can get my fonts to size
correctly.

Thanks for freeing me from the tyranny of Windows!

--
Regards,
Doug