Date:      Wed, 5 May 2004 12:47:57 +0200
From:      jan.muenther@nruns.com
To:        dave <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: network routing, strange issue

Hello,

> and c can ssh and ping each other and have no issues. My problem is machine
> a can not ping or ssh to machine b, from machine a's point of view it's as
> if machine b doesn't exist, yet machine c has no difficulties interacting
> with machine b. I hope the above made sense. Any help appreciated.

You're not providing enough information - this could have tons of reasons.
For a start, it would be helpful to see the intetface configuration and the
routing tables from the hosts in question.

Also, did you make sure you don't simply have packet filtering applied to
one or more of the boxes which interferes with the intended communication?

Cheers, J.