Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:07:08 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: obsolete handbook pages at www.freebsd.org

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 06:47:52PM -0800, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
> (For whoever maintains www.freebsd.org/doc/...)
>=20
> PR 35724 references
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x2805.html
> which can be displayed OK, but is an obsolete version of
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-support=
ed-hardware.html
>=20
> Before I discovered the newer page, I was about to request a re-opening
> of the PR to make the very change I'm glad to see is already in the
> newer page.  Might be good to delete the old file or create a cleanup
> script for the book and article directories.

Obsolete pages were exactly the reason for adding 'id' tags to all
first- and second-level sections of both the doc/ tree and the relnotes
recently.  Somebody mentioned that the x*.html and other related
temporary files would be removed from the website after this change was
made and the new website was rebuilt; I guess this will be done soon.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org