Date:      Fri, 04 Aug 2000 18:18:47 -0500
From:      Mark Hounschell <dmarkh@cfl.rr.com>
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Bob_Tracy <rct@gherkin.sa.wlk.com>
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2930U2 problem followup

Bob_Tracy wrote:

> Been having problems with an Adaptec 2930U2 card in my machine at
> the house.  Naturally, it works fine with Win95.  The problem has
> been shown to be something peculiar to my motherboard after looking
> at many test scenarios over the past several days.  Basically,
> there's no interrupt activity corresponding to the 2930U2 that
> either Linux or FreeBSD can see.  This results in an infinite
> timeout/reset loop during driver initialization.
>
> While I'm still curious as to what the exact problem is, I have no
> expectation that the answer is forthcoming anytime soon if at all.
> Informed speculation is welcome: I *would* like to know how Win95
> is able to work with my system when my OS of choice cannot.  The
> motherboard is a bottom-feeder special (M537 VXPro).
>
> Time to go shopping for a new motherboard, and maybe spend a few
> more bucks this time :-).

I'm using a 2930U. Latest aic7xxx driver. I've not had to much trouble
with it. I have a Micro-Star Athlon MB. SuSe 6.4. 4 scsi disk, tape,
and cdrw. I didn't ever see any of your symtoms posted. Probably was
in a deleteing mode that day. What happens, and when? I don't know what
the U2 model is. Mines just a 2930U.

regards,

--
Mark Hounschell