Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:57:11 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "M. L. Dodson" <bdodson@scms.utmb.EDU>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        Daniel Milunus <Daniel.Milunus@ctp.com>, "'freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: DEC Alpha 2100a

My lynx installed and ran a 4.4RC fine, but failed miserably with
a -current snapshot and  an  attempt to  upgrade to  -current via
make {build,install}world.  The {build,install}world effort  used
a kernel without SMP enabled.  Since the lynx was worthless to me
with only a single CPU, mine is headed for the surplus warehouse,
too.

Bud Dodson

Wilko Bulte writes:
 > On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 01:33:24PM -0400, Daniel Milunus wrote:
 >
 > 4.4 should run on the Lynx. My Lynx (at work) is waiting to go to the
 > scrapyard so I have not tested 4.4 release candidates on it. Even 4.3 might
 > run on it, I forgot.
 >
 > Wilko
 >

 > > Do you know if there is a version of FreeBSD out there that will run on a
 > > DEC Alpha 2100a?  I have searched around and found nothing.  Any help would
 > > be appreciated.
 > >
 > > Dan

 > > ----------------
 > > Daniel Milunus (MCP+I, MCSE, MCP 2000)
 > > Novell
 > > Project Support Representative
 > > Work: 617-914-8333
 > > Mobile: 617-974-6984
 > > AIM ID: idamnedit
 > > http://pst.ctp.com
 > > Quote: "Sorry doesn't put thumbs back on hands!!" - Homer Simpson
 > ---end of quoted text---
 >
 > --
 > |   / o / /_  _   		email: 	wilko@FreeBSD.org
 > |/|/ / / /(  (_)  Bulte		Arnhem, The Netherlands

M. L. Dodson                                bdodson@scms.utmb.edu
409-772-2178                                FAX: 409-772-1790