Date:      Thu, 5 Aug 2004 07:21:11 -0700
From:      Chuck Tuffli <chuck_tuffli@agilent.com>
To:        cd_freebsd <cd_freebsd@gatorzone.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compiling Kernel Module with Current Kernel Options

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 04:09:22PM -0400, cd_freebsd wrote:
> I have an SMP machine, so after installing the GENERIC version of
> FreeBSD 4.7, I created my own version of the kernel that included
> SMP support and DDB.
>
> Being a device driver writer, I created my Makefile just as
> perscribed, but when I compiled my code, the SMP define was not set.
> It appears that the build process did not include the options found
> in opt_global.h.
>
> How do you build a driver that includes the proper options? Is there
> something special I have to do to make these options available to my
> driver?

I'm not sure what the problem is here, but could it be that the build
is picking up the wrong set of includes? After you built the SMP
kernel, did you copy kernel to / or did you do a make install? I've
built at least a SCSI driver for 4.7 for a SMP machine and don't
remember having to do anything special.

--
Chuck Tuffli    <chuck_tuffli AT NO_SPAM agilent DOT com>
Agilent Technologies, Storage Area Networking