Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:27:32 +0200
From:      Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@sicfa.org>
To:        "David W . Chapman Jr ." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bktr driver

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 07:12:40PM -0500, "David W . Chapman Jr ." <dwcjr@inethouston.net> wrote:
> > why don't you go back to your windows ?
> >
> > -----Original Message-----

The "--- Original Message----" is the typical (wrong) way of answering of MS
Outlook. Strange message coming from a windows user =)

> > Whoever maintains this driver...
> >
> > bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xdddfc000-0xdddfcfff irq 10 at device 13.0 on
> > pci0 bktr0: Warning - card vendor 0x1002 (model 0x0001) unknown.
> > bktr0: Detected a MSP3430G-A4 at 0x80
> > bktr0: Pinnacle/Miro TV, Temic NTSC tuner, msp3400c stereo.
> >
> > I have an Ati TV Wonder
>
> Because I like my freebsd better.  The card works, just providing details
> about it so its not "unknown"

I have exactly the same card here, and it works perfectly with bktr driver and
fxtv. You need to try different settings using sysctl (I remember something
like 1 for the card and 6 for the tuner, but I'll have to look at my config at
home to make sure).

I mailed the driver maintainer with everything he needs to include the card in
the driver, but he didn't answer.

Don't forget to configure fxtv too, to get the proper range of channels.
If you don't manage to get it working, tell me, i'll provide further help =)

Lucas Nussbaum