Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 2004 19:25:36 -0700
From:      Darren Kirby <bulliver@badcomputer.no-ip.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question of installation of mplayer

--nextPart1306120.6tTqPOgUeR

quoth the minhua feng:
> I use FreeBSD 4.10 stable version. My computer is Celen 1.7G.
> I installed Mplayer using ports. I use "make install clean" to install it.
> When I finished installing it. It did not work. I tried to run Mplayer
> typing mplayer in console mode. But it give the following error message.
>
> CPU: Intel Pentium 4/Xeon Willamette 1718 MHz (Family: 8, Stepping: 3)
> Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
> CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
> Compiled with runtime CPU detection - WARNING - this is not optimal!
> To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with
> --disable-runtime-cpudetection.
> Reading config file /usr/local/share/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No such file or
> directory
> Reading config file /root/.mplayer/config
> Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open
> '/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
> Reading /usr/local/share/mplayer/codecs.conf: 73 audio & 180 video codecs
> Usage:   mplayer [options] [url|path/]filename
>
> Basic options: (complete list in the man page)
>  -vo <drv[:dev]>  select video output driver & device ('-vo help' for a
> list) -ao <drv[:dev]>  select audio output driver & device ('-ao help' for
> a list) vcd://<trackno>   play (S)VCD (Super Video CD) track (raw device,
> no mount) dvd://<titleno>   play DVD title from device instead of plain
> file -alang/-slang    select DVD audio/subtitle language (by 2-char count=
ry
> code) -ss <timepos>    seek to given (seconds or hh:mm:ss) position
>  -nosound         do not play sound
>  -fs              fullscreen playback (or -vm, -zoom, details in the man
> page) -x <x> -y <y>    set display resolution (for use with -vm or -zoom)
> -sub <file>      specify subtitle file to use (also see -subfps, -subdela=
y)
> -playlist <file> specify playlist file
>  -vid x -aid y    select video (x) and audio (y) stream to play
>  -fps x -srate y  change video (x fps) and audio (y Hz) rate
>  -pp <quality>    enable postprocessing filter (details in the man page)
>  -framedrop       enable frame dropping (for slow machines)
>
> Basic keys: (complete list in the man page, also check input.conf)
>  <-  or  ->       seek backward/forward 10 seconds
>  up or down       seek backward/forward  1 minute
>  pgup or pgdown   seek backward/forward 10 minutes
>  < or >           step backward/forward in playlist
>  p or SPACE       pause movie (press any key to continue)
>  q or ESC         stop playing and quit program
>  + or -           adjust audio delay by +/- 0.1 second
>  o                cycle OSD mode:  none / seekbar / seekbar + timer
>  * or /           increase or decrease PCM volume
>  z or x           adjust subtitle delay by +/- 0.1 second
>  r or t           adjust subtitle position up/down, also see -vf expand
>
>  * * * SEE THE MAN PAGE FOR DETAILS, FURTHER (ADVANCED) OPTIONS AND KEYS *
> * *

It looks like it's working just fine. You just need to give mplayer a filen=
ame=20
or URL as argument:

>> Usage:   mplayer [options] [url|path/]filename

If you want the GUI I believe you need to invoke the program as 'gmplayer',=
=20
though you may need to download a skin from www.mplayerhq.com

hth,
=2Dd

=2D-=20
Darren Kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.no-ip.=
com
Get my public key from=20
http://keyserver.linux.it/pks/lookup?op=3Dindex&search=3Dbulliver
=2D Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972=20