Date:      Sat, 7 Jul 2001 14:45:46 -0700
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   make installworld confusion

I installed "X User" from the 4.3-RELEASE CD set.  I then did a
    "cvs checkout -t RELENG_4_3  /usr/src"
followed by a "make world" in order to get to "very -STABLE" and
populate my source tree.

As mentioned earlier, the install of the newly built world fails
when the OpenSSL code trys to run pod2man on its documentation.

Further, I had set the NOMANCOMPRESS flag in /etc/defaults/make.conf.
When the install had finally finished, "man(1)" displays two man
pages.  The compressed one installed from the CD, and the
uncompressed one just built.

Perhaps somewhere in a world build or install old manpages should be
cleaned?  Or, we should document in the make.conf that if you change
the NOMANCOMPRESS flag you should manually clean the compressed
ones.

Or something like that.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.com