Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2012 09:43:57 -0700
From:      matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        x11@freebsd.org, Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New X.Org

On 04/23/12 09:37, Warren Block wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2012, matt wrote:

>>> A Radeon 4650 is working fine here with xorg-server 1.10.6 and mesa
>>> 7.11.  So far there are no Firefox title bar artifacts like there were
>>> occasionally with the earlier version.

>>> Yes, replace it with WITH_NEW_XORG=yes.  Then rebuild graphics/libdrm,
>>> xorg-server, xf86-input-*, xf86-video-*, and... a few other things I
>>> should have taken notes on.
>
>> Interesting. Another Radeon 4650 (rv730) is not working here, giving Bus
>> Errors at the same address whenever certain applications are launched.
>> Failing examples: Firefox, gedit, qt4-designer
>> Successful: xfce4-terminal, ioquake3, compiz
>>
>> I just completed recompiling all ports dependent on libGL with no luck.
>> I had "WITHOUT_NOUVEAU" in make.conf at the same time as
>> "WITH_NEW_XORG", is that the problem?
>> Does this sound like an Xorg problem or a ports/ld problem?
>
> I also did 'portmaster driconf', which rebuilt libglut and libGLU.
> Run pkg_libchk from sysutils/bsdadminscripts to check for missing
> libraries.
Definitely rebuilt libglut and driconf, I'm pretty sure I saw libGLU.
Haven't run pkg_libchk yet, great idea. I did run pkgdb -F and rebuild a
few hundred ports hoping to shotgun fix it.

I was experimenting with wine 3d acceleration a week or so ago, it's
possible something broken happened as a result of mounting ports dir
inside the chroot...or /usr/local/lib32 stuff?
I also have AIGLX on in Xorg.conf from that adventure.
Problem arose on first startx after the update, however, so it's not clear.

Matt