Date:      Tue, 12 May 1998 17:23:31 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        kf7nn@kf7nn.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wordperfect7

On 12 May, kf7nn@kf7nn.com wrote:
> I dont know the name of the linux emulator but here is some snippets
> of the things i can find in /var/db/pkg.
>
> the system was installed using 2.2.5-release and cvsupped april 15
> up to 2.2.6.
>
> is there a way to update the linux emulator?
>
> if so what is the package name?
>
> i enable linux in the rc.conf file.
>

> /home/kf7nn >linux
> modload: /dev/lkm: Permission denied
> /home/kf7nn >su
> Password:
> # linux
> modload: error initializing module: File exists
> #

This is interesting, as I get the same response on my system.  I have
the Linux option compiled into my kernel.  I had assumed that is why I
get that response when typing linux at the prompt.  You get it and
don't have Linux linked through the kernel.  Perhaps someone else can
shed some light on this for us.

Otherwise it appears that you have the current Linux emulation stuff
installed.

I am at a loss.  Did you try re-installing WordPerfect?  BTW, don't let
it mess with, I think it is /etc/printcap.  If you do, it will hose up
your system.  I think that is the file that during installation it
gives you that option for changing.  It's been a while since I've
installed it ;-)

Sorry that I don't have better news.
Regards,
Frank