Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:34:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        duanewinner@att.net
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3Com Megahertz 3CXM756 PCMCIA modem on 5.3

In message: <41F6C64B.3040700@att.net>
            Duane Winner <duanewinner@att.net> writes:
: Warner Losh wrote:
:
: >>Thanks! That would be great. At least I know it's not just me.
: >>
: >>
: >
: >I've updated what I think is the fix to RELENG_5, so please test and
: >let me know.
: >
: >
: >
: That did the trick. I took one of my other T30's and changed my cvs tag
: from RELENG_5_3 to RELENG_5, cvsup'd, buildword and buildkernel, and I
: was able  to dial out.
:
: I get this now when inserting the card:
:
: pccard1: Allocation failed for cfe 32
: sio4: <3Com Megahertz 3CXM756/3CCM756> at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 5
: function 0 config 33 on pccard1
: sio4: type 16550A
: sio4: unable to activate interrupt in fast mode - using normal mode
:
: And the obligatory 'detach' when I remove it.

Cool.  Sounds about right.  Not sure you should be getting the
allocation failed bit, but that's harmless, as is the fast interrupt
message.

: Any chance of this getting into RELENG_5_3? I'm not sure how that works
: (since 5.3 gets "security and critical fixes" only), but I thought I
: would ask. Does this classify as a critical fix?

Hmmm.  Lemme ask.

Warner