Date:      Sat, 17 May 1997 21:43:55 -0400
From:      Patrick Gardella <pgardella@geocities.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP Setup

I am trying to setup PPP (user process) on my FreeBSD box (2.2.1).  I
have been able to get the modems to connect in the Term mode of PPP but
I cannot get ppp to start.  I also does not work as ppp dial papsite.

I've gone through the www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/ with no luck.  Nor
did a mailing list search.

I was wondering if it could be the ISP.  I use concentric.net and
iglou.com.  Both of them use the kind of system that if you dial in as a
terminal, you can login and use their resources.  If you dial in as a
PPP (on Mac or Win95), it works fine.  I tried using Username: ppp It
does not work.

Any ideas?  Neither company supports anything beyond Mac or Windoze.
|Patrick S. Gardella         Webmaster - Christian Word Ministries  |
|Work:  Patrick@ChristianWord.org                                   |
|Home:  PGardella@geocities.com          PGP Key ID 0xEEZD47A9      |