Date:      Tue, 08 Jul 1997 18:27:52 -0400
From:      Don joy <joydon@soonet.ca>
To:        freebsd_ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problem with wine port

I have recently installed the wine port and have a problem.  Here's my
system version:

[root@voyager]=>uname -a
FreeBSD voyager.soonet.ca 2.2.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE #0: Tue
May 20 10:45:24 GMT 1997
jkh@time.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

This is my output if I run it through gdb:
[root@voyager]=>gdb wine
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for
details.
GDB 4.16 (i386-unknown-freebsd),
Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(gdb) set args sol.exe
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/wine sol.exe
Warning: imported path contains relative components

Program received signal SIGSYS, Bad system call.
0x828e1e1 in semsys ()
(gdb)

I also get Bad system call with some other apps as well.  Anyone else
seen this behaviour?  BTW, i did this install with the freebsd ports
collection.

--
Don Joy
System Administrator