Date:      Sun, 08 Oct 1995 16:41:16 EST
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
To:        hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 2.0beta1

> Here, what I have in my .cshrc file... Can you guess what's
> missing in your configuration ?! ;-))

> setenv	XKEYSYMDB	/home/andreas/.XKeysymDB
> setenv	XNLSPATH	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/nls

Well, XNLSPATH is ancient R5 history. It's a leftover from the R5 Xsi
mechanism. The Netscape XKeysymDB is identical to the X11R6 (and XFree86)
XKeysymDB file. If you're using R6 it's sufficient to make /usr/X11 a
symlink to /usr/X11R6 and copy the nls cruft to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/nls.

I've already sent a suggestion to Jamie Zawinski (jwz@netscape.com) a
suggestion that he would have done better to have used the R5 Ximp
mechanism, which survived into R6, so that all the R6 users wouldn't
have to muck up their installation. If you agree, drop him a line and
encourage him to do it correctly.

--

Kaleb KEITHLEY