Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 07:39:41 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        Nightshifter <dinks@ckt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stuck lost and a newbie to freebsd!

On 27 Apr 99, at 10:57, Nightshifter wrote:

> Using partition magic I created another partition
> on my first HD,
> leaving me with 2 partitions and some extended
> jewel
> the windows95 partition is 1.5 gigs
> the extended is stuck inbetween with 400 megs
> and the partition I created is at the end with
> 400megs

Well, you've got the first bit done!  Congrats.  But just for your
information, you didn't need Partition Magic.  There is a tool with
FreeBSD called fips.exe.  But it doesn't matter.  You got the job done.

> What do I do from here to install freebsd?

As someone said, the primary reference is the handbook.  You can see how I
used the handbook at http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/dual.htm
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.FreeBSDDiary.org/freebsd/