Date:      15 Jul 1999 08:19:21 +0200
From:      Thomas Gellekum <tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, kip@lyris.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: seg fault in mutex_queue_enq

Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com> writes:

> There are some bugs in libc_r in stable that have been fixed in
> -current.  I think the one that you've hit is an uninitialized
> TAILQ_HEAD in a statically declared mutex (in localtime).  It's
> probably about time for a MFC.  If someone wants to give me the
> go-ahead, I can do it...

Just Do It (tm). At least you could merge the change from

[pthread_private.h]
   1.20 Sun Jun 20 8:28:08 1999 UTC by jb
   Diffs to 1.19
In the words of the author:

  o The polling mechanism for I/O readiness was changed from
    select() to poll().  In additon, a wrapped version of poll()
    is now provided.
[...]

plus the later formatting fixes.

As an aside: some files still lack $Id$'s, and someone should
`s/REGENTS/AUTHOR/' in all the copyright statements.

tg