Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 16:10:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Hyun Gu Kang <hyunkang@uiuc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   setting up fetchmail

I am wondering how to set up fetchmail- for some reason the fetchmailconf
program won't run even with Python installed.

Does anyone have good ideas for doing mail in my current situation.
I get all my school mail to the school unix machines, and with Windows, i
used Eudora to use pop3 to get mail.

I am looking for a GUI interfaced mail program that can use pop3, leaves
the mail on the server, and delete mail from the server when it is few
days old.  I like being able to check mail by loggin onto the school unix
server; I can't connect to my machine remotely because I am sharing an IP
address.  I have tried several programs, but so far K-mail works well
except that it either downloads only the messages I haven't read or it
downloads the same messages again and again and fills up my mailbox with
tons of duplicate messages.

Do people have suggestions?  I am thinking that I would use fetchmail to
use pop3 to get mail and then forward it to my local mail daemons so that
it is forwarded to my local inbox.  So far I haven't figured out either
part.

I appreciate any help!

Sincerely

Hyun Gu :)

Hyun Gu Kang  	    University of Illinois
Senior in Chemical Engineering
Pre-Biomedical Engineering
mailto:hyunkang@uiuc.edu   http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/hyunkang
332-4016