Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 01:53:37 -0600
From:      Greg Skafte <skafte@worldgate.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   scsi devices with multiple lun

I've recently got an HP surestore 24x6 dds-3 changer...

the kicker is that the tape drive st0 and the changer ch0 are at the
same scsi id but on different luns

My kernel has

device st0

and

device ch0

and the changer is not detected.

I then tried hardwiring the scsi info for both st0 and ch0

device st0	at scbus0 target 6 unit 0
device ch0	at scbus0 target 6 unit 1

and the changer is still not detected

anythoughts or comments.....

I know that a mt offline will eject the current tape and cause the
next one to load but the ability to skip forward and back would be
useful.

--
Email: skafte@worldgate.com	  Voice: +403 413 1910	  Fax: +403 421 4929
   #575 Sun Life Place * 10123 99 Street * Edmonton, AB * Canada * T5J 3H1
When things can't get any worse, they simplify themselves by getting a whole
lot worse then complicated. A complete and utter disaster is the simplest
thing in the world; it's preventing one that's complex.       (Janet Morris)