Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 1997 12:04:05 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Darryl Bowler <darrylb@lizard.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DHCP server

Darryl Bowler wrote:

> I'm interested in running a DHCP server on my LAN, which is the
> prefered,
> wide-dhcp or the one by ISC?

	The ISC version is currently in active development, and
suggestions/patches/etc. are being solicited. The beta is quite good,
and according to the traffic on the mailing lists is being used in
production environments. Your best success will be in downloading the
FreeBSD ports collection and using the isc-dhcp2 entry in
/usr/ports/net. If you have freebsd machines that need the dhclient
script to change their hostname, I have a patch for the script to do
that, feel free to mail me about it.

Happy Holidays,

Doug