Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 12:03:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ted Buswell <tbuswell@mediaone.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-SCSI@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI standard

Chuck Robey writes:
 > Does anyone know either the title or numerical designation of the
 > relevant scsi standard that I'd need to be able to manipulate my
 > wide/fast drive with?

Probably the SCSI Primary Commands [SPC or SPC-2] and the SCSI Block
Commands [SBC] sections are what you are looking for.

Go to http://www.symbios.com/x3t10/ and look at the command sets to get
final drafts of the above documents.

Also, your drive manufacturer may have published a
detailed manual [the one for a quantum drive I have is more than 100
pages] which shows exactly what commands are supported by the drive
and how the drive responds.

-Ted