Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:59:35 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Andy Reitz <reitz@eecs.cwru.edu>
Subject:   Re: any audio wizards know howto store *.smil files?

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 04:28:23PM -0400, Andy Reitz wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Gary Kline wrote:
>

> > 	Is there a way of saving *.[ra|ram|smil] or any real audio
> > 	type files locally?  I've poked around and haven't found any
> > 	means of saving real* stuff.
>
> Hi Gary,
>
> I think you might be able to convince mplayer to do it, depending on the
> transport that the streaming server is using.
>
> HTH,
> 	-Andy.

	Be nice.  mplayer is the ultimate zoo to use, so can you
	suggested a
	commmon-line string to help me?  Maybe like

	% mplayer -s http://www.npr.org/X/Y/Z/foo789.smil

	or something like  that?

	gary

	(There may be other transports protocols, but I sure don't know
	about them!)

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix