Date:      Tue, 5 Jul 2016 13:13:42 +0200
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem during dlopen()

Hi,

I'm banging my head agains the wall because I cannot seem to get this
working.

The problem is due to changing from automake to cmake building.

But all my dlopens start failing with something like:
load failed dlopen(build/lib/compressor/libceph_snappy.so) or
dlopen(build/lib/libceph_snappy.so): build/lib/libceph_snappy.so:
Undefined symbol "_ZN4ceph6buffer4list8iterator7advanceEl"

If do a lookup for  the name:
nm build/lib/libceph_snappy.so |grep ceph6buffer4list8iterator7advanceEl

if give me:
                 U _ZN4ceph6buffer4list8iterator7advanceEl

The parent/calling executable however has:
	0000000000513de0 T _ZN4ceph6buffer4list8iterator7advanceEl

Clearly dlopen is not able to match these 2 and succeed.

Question:
So on which part of the building is what switch missing.

Thanx,
--WjW