Date:      Sat, 9 Nov 1996 21:45:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   semaphores/shared memory

Hi again...

	I have a copy of Unix Network Programming, and am working on
designing a server-client system where there is one server and X clients
that are talking to it, using shared memory.

	according to the book, I'm looking at using semaphores for the
IPC, and the general concepts of semaphores presented makes sense...but
it seems to only allow for a 1-1 relationship, vs a 1-many relationship.

	can anyone suggestion a reference that goes a bit deeper into
shared memory/semaphores that might give me a better idea of a 1-many
relationship, if possible?

	essentially, I want the server to write a line of data to
shared memory, then signal all the clients at once that the data is
there, so that they all pick up the data...

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org