Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:44:26 +0100
From:      "Zbigniew Szalbot" <zszalbot@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and hardware??

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 13:31, Ruben de Groot <mail25@bzerk.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 12:23:24PM +0100, Wojciech Puchar typed:
>>
>> once again i repeat - FreeBSD is not windows replacement. it's unix.
>> All "nice GUI" for unices turned to be bad idea, every windows user will
>> say it's poor compared to windows. and they are right.
>
> I totally disagree. Please note that your *opinion* doesn't become truth,
> even when you keep repeating it over and over. there's a whole spectrum
> of window/desktop environments to choose from for every conceivable
> usage or need.

You seem to be reserving FBSD only for the experts. I wouldn't be here
using this great OS if it had been you I met in the first place.
Fortuantely, there were very kind people here who helped me make first
steps into the world of UNIX and then continued supporting me along
the way.

By constantly repeating that UNIX is no Windows replacement you are
only discouraging fresh blood from entering the system. It is true
that the system has steep learning curve but it is not an elite system
for the chosen few. Contrary to what you think, the more people use
it, the more chance we get of (for example) hardware producers making
FBSD drivers. So please stop discouraging people from using it.
Please.

--
Zbigniew Szalbot