Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 21:48:33 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Scot Elliott <scot@poptart.org>
To:        Marcin Pasek <marcin@v-m.com>
Cc:        freebsd <isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Runnig FIND

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Marcin Pasek wrote:
> Everynight at the same time there is a FIND command that is runned
> somehow..and I have no idea how and who is runnig it...

/etc/daily and /etc/security run every night by default, via cron.
/etc/daily uses find to remove scratch files older than a certain date,
and /etc/security uses it to find changes in the set-uid-root binaries and
report them to root via email.

Take a look at /etc/crontab is you want to change the times or stop this
happening.

Scot Elliott		scot@poptart.org	Tel: +44 (0)181 8961019
Public key available by finger at:   finger scot@poptart.org
			    or at:   http://www.poptart.org/pgpkey.html