Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:08:10 -0500
From:      John Almberg <jalmberg@identry.com>
To:        Ian Jefferson <ijeff@sandbox.ca>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on a Mac Mini Intel?

On Nov 21, 2008, at 11:42 PM, Ian Jefferson wrote:

> Is anyone running FreeBSD on a Mac Mini Intel?

I don't know the answer to your question, but don't think it's a
crazy one. One of the most interesting things I've seen, lately, is a
hosting company that uses stacks of Mac Minis running OS X Server.
They may not be the thing for mission-critical services, but for day-
to-day web hosting, they are far better (IMHO) than the typical
WinTel or Linux white box systems that fill colo facilities. Need
redundancy? Plunk down another $500 bucks! One of Apple's coolest
products, I think.

-- John