Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:59:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Strait <basilisk@umail.ucsb.edu>
To:        "Brian J. McGovern" <bmcgover@cisco.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DHCP going nuts?

> FreeBSD and Windows are not setting the fields identically. If you are
> absolutely determined to get the same IP, then you need to make sure

Well, my pick is not getting the same IP.  It is that my connection won't even function at all.  My internet addresses won't resolve and my gateway won't respond to anything I send it in FreeBSD, but it will windows.

I'm thinking that the gateway knows I "should" be xxx.yyy.zzz.173, and probably thinks I'm impersonating (and therefore ignoring me) when I'm xxx.yyy.zzz.172?