Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:02:20 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@bart.nl>
Cc:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: two branches in Gnome and fbsd response to it

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:

> -On [19991124 12:30], Ariel Burbaickij (Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de) wrote:
> >  I do not want to argue with you just go and see the version in Makefile
> >  of xchat  in actual port collection and after that go and see the
> >  official status of xchat1.3.7 on gnome site i guess it will solve
> >  some misunderstandings.
>
> Let me make something clear, I don't reply to argue.
>
> I merely state what the current state of affairs with regard to port is.
>
> If the maintainer of that port thinks that the version he is going to
> put/commit/submit for the port is beta and he thinks that's ok then he
> can commit that port.  So I urge you to take your question up with the
> port maintainer instead.
>
> And with regard to Gnome/GTK and the rest, go look up the mailing
> archives of those projects and you'll see I have been active there, so I
> know about the projects and also the status of some programs.

> Best bet, is the maintainer,
  Is it really so decentralized thatthe ONLY person
  who make the decission is just maintainer of the port.
  What is so wrong then with idea to have two branches of ports
  one stable and one current?There are people who want stable
  there people are who want current and there people who want
  stable in one part and current or beta in other
  Best regards,
  Ariel Burbaickij