Date:      Tue, 11 May 2004 00:42:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Muthu Mohan.T" <muthu_t@dell.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ia64/66513: Disklabel Editor doesn't detect foreign partitions

>Number:         66513
>Category:       ia64
>Synopsis:       Disklabel Editor doesn't detect foreign partitions
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
While installing the FreeBSD 5.2-snapshot 20040502,
the disklable editor screen doesn't display the other foreign partitions.
I already had installed RedHat AS2.1 on the DELL PE3250 Itanium machine.
It detects only the EFI. If I do autopartition it will use the all the disk spaces (thus erasing Linux OS partitions).

>How-To-Repeat:
1. Install RedHat AS2.1 or RedHat ES 3.0.
2. Boot the system with FreeBSD install CD and serial console.
3. Move to Disklabel.
4. You can see only EFI partition (others not recognized)
>Fix:
Need to teach the disklabel editor in the sysintall program about the other partitions or we have to use the FDISK program instead of DiskLabel for FreeBSD/IA64.