Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:02:07 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Billy Joe Jim Bob <jamie@gnulife.org>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   [OT] Documentation related to redundancy

     Hello!

     I work at an ISP where we run nothing but FreeBSD on our systems.
We're interested in setting up a redundant line of servers which will
either 1) Start up automatically if one of the primary servers fails, or
2) Secondary servers which will only become active when we designate them
to be active, but will constantly be running to mirror the data on their
primary counterpart.

   Anyway, in short, we're interested in redundancy so that we can provide
reliable service, but we've never engineered anything like this before.
Can anyone point me in the direction of some documentation which covers
tips and ideas for building redundancy for a FreeBSD based ISP?

Thanks!

      - Jamie