Date:      Thu, 5 Mar 1998 21:34:44 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@mcs.net>
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI Bus redundancy...

On Thu, Mar 05, 1998 at 07:40:08PM -0800, Simon Shapiro wrote:
> > It should be possible to run CAM on a system of that vintage provided you
> > perform a little porting effort.  I'd have to go look at the CVS logs to
> > determine just what you would have to bring into your system in order
> > to run CAM.
>
> The 15-Dec-97 kernel is very stable.  The only problem I am having with
> last week's kernels is in the soft updates stuff.
>
> >>Am I asking for major trouble if I up-rev to a recent (like last night)
> >>-CURRENT?
> >
> > I can't say.  I don't believe that CAM will contribute to any instability
> > though.
>
> Sincerely Yours,
>
> Simon Shapiro
> Shimon@Simon-Shapiro.ORG                      Voice:   503.799.2313

Well, John Dyson asked me NOT to upgrade right now... and so far, when
it comes to code stability issues, he's been right on the money, so I'll
wait a little bit.

Speed is nice, but "it works" is a tad bit more important.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service