Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 1995 17:31:24 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i can help

: I will reference you to 2 new books that are an absolute bible to the
: networking code as it was when we started work on FreeBSD 2.0:
: ``TCP/IP Illustrated, Volume 1: The Protocols'' ISBN 0-201-63346-9 and
: ``TCP/IP Illustrated, Volume 2: The Implementation'' ISBN 0-201-63354-X.

These are wonderful, and quite helpful even to people that are
implementing things like SLIP and PPP emulators :-).  Good books, but
if you are going to implement the protocols from scratch you'll also
need the RFCs.

Warner