Date:      Fri, 1 May 1998 11:48:30 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Craig Miller <dcm@srdi.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   AIC-7780 (integrated scsi) supported?

Hi,
	My apologies in advance if I've chosen the wrong mailing list.

	I've checked the FreeBSD Disk Controller list and it lists the
	Adaptec AIC7850 as supported.  Is the AIC7880 also supported?

	I have a 4.3gb UW scsi drive with NT (preinstalled) on the first 2gb
	partition and want to install 2.2.6 on the remaining portion of
	the drive.  On my first attempt I split the remaining sectors into a
	1gb and a 1.3gb partition and successfully installed Freebsd on the
	first, but when I try to put filesystems on the 1.3gb partition,
	filesystems on the 1gb partition get wiped out, almost as if
	the newfs writes were going to random sectors.

	More info:  I know that comparing NT and FreeBSD filesystems is
	comparing apples and oranges, but I was able to format the remaining
	2.3gb as an NT filesystem, so I'm guessing it's not hardware.

	Suggestions, pointers and warnings are appreciated.  Thanks.

		Craig Miller