Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:49:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Andreas Ntaflos <ant@overclockers.at>
Cc:        Bryan Liesner <bleez@bellatlantic.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freetype2?? again!

    Just as a side note, here, you should never put "." in root's path for
    security reasons.  If you do you may accidently run a tojan that
    happens to be in the current directory and named after a common
    command like 'ls' (for example if you are examining a user's directory
    as root or you are cd'd into /var/tmp).  It may be convenient, but it
    is far better to get used to typing './BLAH' for things you want to run
    from the current directory then to make it automatic and potentially
    blow the machine's security.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>