Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2013 19:04:29 -0800
From:      Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Re-sending selected e-mail messages

On Feb 13, 2013 3:49 PM, "Polytropon" <freebsd@edvax.de> wrote:

> I need a way to automatically re-sent stored e-mail messages
> according to some criteria and like to ask for advice or
> suggestions for an already existing solution before I start
> reinventing the wheel. :-)
>
> The messages in question are stored in MH format. This is a
> tree where a mailbox equals a directory, and the individual
> files in that directory equal the messages. They are numbered
> 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., and so on. Each message is in

> or

> or maybe even

> text format. Some of them might contain an attachment, which
> is "included" in the file with something like
>
>         --Multipart=...
>
> Some messages are "fully multipart".
>
> So when iterating on ~/Mail/sent/1,2,3,4,5,... I get all the
> messages. Each third line, "To:", is the criteria to look at.
> If it matches a given recipient, the mail should be sent again.
> This can easily be done by the system's mailer which is properly
> configured (and uses ISP's MX), so | mail -s "maybe new subject"
> is possible. The message should already be properly pre-composed.
>
> What is the easiest way to do this without reinventing the wheel,
> or should I? :-)
>

> --
> Polytropon
> Magdeburg, Germany
> Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0
> Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, ...

I'm working on an email related project, you might hack it to work for you.

https://github.com/waitman/elmboxo

check out pmess.c it can do a single message. (the easy way to feed pmess a
single message is actually to feed the single message to elmboxo as it is
coded)

anyway its built to stuff them in a mongodb db, but I.m working on a free
nosql solution that works for my project. you can just chuck all those bits.

an idea.

Waitman Gobble
San Jose California