Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:25:19 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
To:        frits.lichtenbelt@planet.nl (Frits Lichtenbelt)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDNMonitor NewBie Question

> I'm not sure I understand the concept of the ISDNmonitor. How can I use this
> to remote monitor the isdnd status ? "isdnmonitor -h localhost" works fine,
> but I can telnet to isdnmonitor without getting only garbage.

(Could you please send readable e-mails by breaking after, say, 77 characters?)

If you have host "mygateway" running isdnd with appropriate monitor connections
configured, try "isdnmonitor -h mygateway".

No, you can not telnet to that port, the same way you can't telnet to an
X-windows server port or your local SMB port. It's not telnet protocol.

Martin