Date:      Sat, 07 May 2005 19:33:42 +0200
From:      Matthias Muthmann <mmuthmann@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox panics in run-time relocation code

--=-qSYFS3eNM0AcDMnER2zZ

On Mo, 2005-04-18 at 16:45 +0400, Andrew Belashov wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 15:23:28 PDT 2004,  Marius Strobl wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 06:09:14PM +0400, Andrew Belashov wrote:
> > > Hello, All!
> > >
> > > firefox compiled from ports.
> > >
> > > Someone has the same problem?
> > >

> > It segfaulted when I gave it a try two months ago when looking at the
> > state of xorg on sparc64 but I can't remeber where. I think it was in
> > it's own code though and not in rtld or I'd remember.
> > Did firefox ever work on sparc64? Mozilla didn't work until Thomas
> > Moestl fixed it (still works) and these patches where brought over to
> > firefox but I'm not aware if firefox was tested on sparc64 so far.
>=20
> Firefox on FreeBSD/sparc64 STILL broken?
> To All: What browser are you using?
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
"
>=20
Hi,

I just finished compiling firefox and mozilla. On my Ultra10 firefox
still segfaults when I try to start it, but mozilla works.
The only problem with mozilla was, that I had to compile
dom/src/base/nsDOMClassInfo.cpp by hand with -O0, because I always ran
out of memory (256MB+swap didn't seem to be enough).

--=20
Matthias Muthmann <mmuthmann@gmx.net>

--=-qSYFS3eNM0AcDMnER2zZ

--=-qSYFS3eNM0AcDMnER2zZ--