Date:      Sat, 5 Dec 1998 23:46:36 -0600
From:      Alan Weber <aaweber@austin.rr.com>
To:        Jack Cronn <jbscro@mvp.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Failure to Boot past config screen

ALL conflicts resolved. You must be removing sc0 which is the console screen... Don't this is an allowed conflict with the ps/2 mouse. sc0 is required as it is the local console screen unless you are using a serial terminal on one of the com ports for a console..

On Sat, Dec 05, 1998 at 11:44:46PM -0600, Jack Cronn wrote:
--> I have tried to boot my machine using a floppy and CD from DOS with same results. Using freebsd 2.2.7 and all goes well to config screen after first booting into freeBSD. After all conflicts resolved  and save, the screen locks up with white cursor only on screen. I have a minimal configuration with only video, scsi CD-Rom, floppy and hard drive, one lpt and serial port, ps/2 mouse.  The floppy and hard drive and com ports are controlled using on board controllers. The motherboard is a biostar pentium-133 using an intel HX chipset. If I don't change the default kernel, The system goes to the installation screen and says that it couldn't find the hard drive.
--> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-->  Thanks      Jack

--
When I was a kid I had to rub sticks together to multiply and divide numbers.
A calculator was a job description.